Crescent Visibility Combined Report for Ramadan & Shawwal 1434

In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Crescent Visibility Combined Report for Ramadan 1434 (Monday 8th July 2013) & Shawwal 1434 (Wednesday 7th August 2013), Based on settings*

Crescent Visibility  Report for Ramadan 1434 (Monday 8th July 2013) (29th of Shaaban 1434)

8 July Hilal Sighting for Ramadan 1434

* Settings:-

OMAN Muscat, Long: 58:35:36.0, Lat: 23:36:48.0, Ele:21.0, Zone:4.00

Timing: (8th/07/2013)
@18:00:00

Sun Sun

Moon Sleeping half-moon
Rise

05:25:00

05:24:10

Transit

12:10:41

12:10:01

Set

18:56:14

18:53:55

Azimuth (Degree)@18:00

~289° 46.311`

~284° 10.566`

Altitude (Degree)@18:00

~11° 5.030`

~10° 41.631`

Age of Moon: Waxing Crescent : ~ 0.24 days old.

Set Time difference : ~1.5 minutes

Based on the Astronomical data report, the Sun sets at 6:56 Pm @ (294° 57.400` WNW), and 6:53 pm @ (288° 54.851` WNW) for the Moon which makes out only 1.5 minuets before each set below the Horizon.

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 18.00.00

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 18.00.00 Zoom

On this day, the Moon sets nearly 2 minuets before the sun, which makes the crescent sighting not only difficult but impossible.

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 18.00.00 Zoom2

The Crescent is already born on this day, however based on the astronomical calculations and personal experience , the Crescent (Hilal) will NOT be visible across the country.

Therefore Shaa’ban will continue its 30 days

Ramadan will start on Wednesday, 10th July 2013  InShaAllah (If God Wills)

Please note, Ramadan starts after the Sunset on Tuesday  ..

(Not to get confused, The Arabic new day always starts after Sunset)

——————————————————————-

Crescent Visibility Report for Shawwal 1434 (Wednesday 7th August 2013) (29th Ramadan 1434)

Hilal Sighting for Shawwal 1434

The crescent will be impossible if “not possible” to sight in most parts of the world on this day, however the chances to sight increases as we head towards south east; South Africa and South America.

* Settings:-

OMAN Muscat, Long: 58:35:36.0, Lat: 23:36:48.0, Ele:21.0, Zone:4.00

Timing: (7th/08/2013)

Sun Sun

Moon Sleeping half-moon
Rise

05:38:01

05:53:35

Transit

12:11:21

12:24:01

Set

18:44:26

18:52:01

Azimuth (Degree)@18:00

~283° 55.160`

~275° 8.468`

Altitude (Degree)@18:00

~8° 57.281`

~10° 42.77`

Age of Moon: Waxing Crescent : ~ 0.62 days old.

Set Time difference : ~7.5 minutes

Based on the Astronomical data report, the Sun sets at 6:44 Pm @ (288° 7.761` W), and 6:52 pm @ (279° 55.673` W) for the Moon which makes out only 7.5 minuets before each set below the Horizon.

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 18.00.00

On this day, the Moon sets after the Sun, which brings a hope to sight if possible compared to the first repot above.

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 18.00.00 Zoom

The Azimuth between the Moon and the Sun is nearly 9°

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 18.00.00 Zoom2

~ 98% chances that Ramadan will be 30 days this year. Just giving 2% hope to our new advanced Telescope and CCD camera to find the crescent under clear skies hopefully Smile. Please refer to my previous post for the factors.

Based on the astronomical calculations and personal experience , the Crescent (Hilal) will NOT be visible across the country.

Therefore Ramadan will continue its 30 days InShaAllah (If God Wills)

Shawwal will start on Friday, 9th August 2013 InShaAllah (If God Wills)

Wish you all a clear skies and a happy sighting day (If you could find it ^_^)

You’ve got nearly 2% to sight it using advanced optical systems/CCD cameras

Hilal Sighting

Ramadan Kareem and Eid Mubarak in advance to Everyone.

May Allah Accept our fasting, Prayers and good deeds. Ameen.

For more information regarding the topic; Please feel free to search this blog above, just type “Hilal” under the search window.

5 responses to “Crescent Visibility Combined Report for Ramadan & Shawwal 1434

  1. Great to see you again Mundhir! I was thinking of you recently…whilst I was hunting for a GCSE Astronomy course I could undertake at some point…no joy so far and time constraints don’t help much, but we will see🙂

    And so the time of Ramadan approaches, I hope it will be a time of clear skies alongside the much more important factors of course🙂 In advance I wish for you a fulfilling and happy Ramadan and may Allah richly bless you.

    New Moon howls to you from the AstrOceanic shores of the Europan homeworld and the beautiful world of Jupiter!🙂

    • Hi Europa🙂 , Thanks I’m happy to see you as well.. Yeah about the Astronomy course, I’ve got the same problem, time constrains don’t help. Ramadan today first day was great, after the Sunset we could easily see the Moon with Planet Venus alongside with it..Just I wish if I had my camera with me at that time..

      I wish a happy month to you as well and I extend my sincere thanks and blessings to you. May Allah bless you and accept all of your prayers. Ameen

      Clear Skies🙂

  2. I would like to share with everyone the Ramadan Waxing (NEW) Crescent Observation Results: Please visit the following link and scroll down to the date 8th or 9th..
    http://icoproject.org/icop/ram34.html?&l=en

    Clear skies & Ramadhan Kareem

  3. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely
    long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate
    it.

  4. Pingback: Crescent Visibility Combined Report for Ramadan & Shawwal 1435 | *๑۩۞۩๑* AstrOceanOmy *๑۩۞۩๑*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s